NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY
We believe in the Biblical principles that there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male or female, for we are one in Christ. Therefore, our admission policy does not discriminate against anyone for reasons of race, nationality, sex or religion.
Applicant students are subject to Pre-tests and must submit school transcripts and standardized test scores, which will be reviewed for admission.
Students enrolled in the Grade 1 through Eleventh Grade program are required to annually test the Standardized Achievement Test (SAT 10). Scores are then reviewed to determine if any changes in curriculum or instruction need to be made. Teachers are encouraged to use creative freedom and innovative methodology when presenting instructional concepts.
La Progresiva Presbyterian School keeps current records on all active students. Every student must have on file the following:
• Application Form
• Copy of the Birth Certificate
• Health Records (Immunization and Physical)
• Assessment Scores (SAT 10, SAT, ACT)
• Report Cards and Progress Reports
• Acknowledgement Form for Bible Instruction
• Acknowledgement Form for Parent Handbook
• Scholarship Application (qualifying students only)
• 3 Recommendations (incoming Middle/High Students only)
• Incoming Student Questionnaire
• Disciplinary Actions
All incoming students (grades 2nd through 12th) must take an entrance examination and have an interview. Pre-school, kindergarten and first grade students are admitted by an interview.
We ask at the time of your testing that you have the following things completed and ready to turn in for each student.
• A student Admission Application form completed
• A copy of your student’s most current report card
• 6th through 12th grade students must have the Student Questionnaire completed.
• 6th through 12th grade students must have 3 reference forms completed
• These materials plus a $25 testing fee must be presented before the test is administered.
Following the examination the school will notify you by mail whether or not you may proceed with registration. Results of the entrance exam will be made available to parents of students who are accepted as students at La Progresiva Presbyterian School.
If you are notified to set up an interview, we MUST have the following items at that time.
• Your child’s birth certificate
• A copy of your child’s social security card
• A valid certificate of immunization and physical examination form
• Students who participate in athletics will be required to obtain an additional physical examination
• Students entering grades 6th – 12th grade must be present at the interview.
• At the time of your interview, the admission fee will be due to complete the registration on your student.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with your family. It is our desire to teach and train your student in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.