Students may follow a regular program of study to meet the Standard Diploma requirements or an advanced program to meet the Honors Diploma requirements.
Students who elect to pursue an Honors Diploma must meet the following criteria:
- Receive credit for four honors courses each year (9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades). Honors courses may transfer from another school and qualify a student to receive the honors diploma.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.2 in all honors courses.
- Maintain an overall average of 3.0.
The following diplomas are offered at LPS. Starting with the graduating class of 2019, all students are required to enroll in an approved online course through FLVS.
The honors program is for students who want to be challenged academically through additional rigorous assignments. A student must maintain As and Bs in all classes to qualify and continue in the program.
Students who wish to earn additional credit (1.0) may elect to take an approved class as an honors course. Honors courses may be offered in core courses and will require prior approval from the Administration before the course begins.
Courses that qualify as honors are:
|Freshmen Year||Sophomore Year||Junior Year||Senior Year|
Algebra IWorld History
Christian Education II
GeographyChristian Education III
Christian Education IV
- The cumulative average for the honors course must be 3.0 GPA or above to qualify for honors credit.
- All course work must be complete as defined by the course syllabus. No exceptions will be made.
- All of the above requirements must be met before honors credit is awarded. The course will be designated as an honors course on the student’s transcript at the end of the year.
- Six (6) additional assignments will be required of Honors students satisfying the credit.
- ** Students registered for any math honors course must pass each assessment with an 80% or better to earn the honors credit.
- Students registered in honors Christian Education must participate in the LCS Festival.
Students who do not continue to meet the criteria for the honors diploma will not be permitted to take honors courses the following school year.