Students may follow a regular program of study to meet the Standard Diploma requirements or an advanced program to meet the Honors Diploma requirements. Students who elect to pursue an Honors Diploma must meet the following criteria:
The following criteria will be used when awarding honors credit:
- Receive credit for four honors courses each year (9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades). Honors courses may transfer from another school and qualify a student to receive the honors diploma.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.2 in all honors courses.
- Maintain an overall average of 3.0.
Courses that qualify as honors are:
|Freshmen Year||Sophomore Year||Junior Year||Senior Year|
|English 9 Algebra IWorld History Spanish I||English 10 Geometry Biology US History Spanish II Christian Education II||English 11 Algebra II Chemistry GeographyChristian Education III||English IV TrigonometryGovernment/Economics Christian Education IV|
- The cumulative average for the honors course must be 3.0 GPA or above to qualify for honors credit.
- All course work must be complete as defined by the course syllabus. No exceptions will be made.
- All of the above requirements must be met before honors credit is awarded. The course will be designated as an honors course on the student’s transcript at the end of the year.
- Six (6) additional assignments will be required of Honors students satisfying the credit.
- ** Students registered for any math honors course must pass each assessment with an 80% or better to earn the honors credit.
- Students registered in honors Christian Education must participate in the LCS Festival.