Students must meet the credit requirements for graduation in order to receive a diploma from LPS. A credit is earned by successfully completing courses according to school policy. The standard unit of credit is based on a minimum of 140 hours of instruction and a 4.0 Grade Scale. All prospective graduates must:
A unit of credit is based on 140 instructional hours. Note:
- Have taken the SAT and/or ACT before receiving a diploma
- Have applied to a college before the end of the first semester
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C) on a 4.0 scale to qualify for graduation.
- Community Service Hours – 75 hours total
|Subject||Standard Diploma||Honors Diploma|
|Health LMS/PF/Team Sports||2||2|
- Math credits must come from the following courses: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, or other courses above the level of Algebra I.
- Science credits must come from the following courses: Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or other approved science courses.
- Social studies credits must come from the following courses: Geography, World History, U.S. History, U.S. Government (0.5), Economics (0.5), or other approved social studies courses.
- For the Standard and Honors Diploma, students must have 2 credits from the same foreign language.
- Virtual School courses are a requirement of the State of Florida, students receiving an Honors Diploma must take an additional virtual course and pass the course with a score of “B” or higher.
- Students must have eight credit hours in 9th grade, nine credit hours in 10th grade, seven credit hours in 11th grade and 6 credit hours in 12th grade.